To help us promote Word Cup 8 (and release your inner Don Draper), we are holding a T-shirt logo design contest. The winner will receive FREE ENTRY to Word Cup 8 (a $120 value) and, obviously, a free T-shirt featuring your design. The contest will run from March 1-15, and we hope you will submit your design ideas to us during that time. Official contest rules are listed below. Submit drawings/sketches/etchings/renderings by March 15 to: Dave Postal email@example.com. Or Bennett Jacobstein firstname.lastname@example.org
Official T-shirt Design Contest Rules
I have read the OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES for the Word Cup 8 T-Shirt Design contest and agree to all the rules and regulations of the contest as outlined below:
- The contest is open to all WGPO members
- All entries must be original creations of the contestant and do not contain profanity, trademarks, logos or copyrighted works of any other person or business
- The prize is a free entry to Word Cup 8.
- The winning design will remain the property of WGPO, and will not be returned to you. WGPO may use the winning design at any time after the contest. The winning designer may display his/her own work in a portfolio or personal collection, but may not sell or reproduce the design for any other purpose once submitted to the contest.
- A panel of judges will choose the top submission.
- The contest begins on March 1.
- The entries must be received online by 5 p.m. PST on March 15.
- FORM OF ENTRIES: The entry should be accompanied by your name and contact information. The entry may be drawn or printed on 8-1/2″ x 11″ paper or may be any of the following art file formats if submitted electronically: .AI, .JPG, .PDF, .PNG or .PSD. (Dimensions: 12″ x 12″)
- WGPO and/or Word Cup 8 should be incorporated in the design. Official Scrabble Hasbro or any other company trademarks are prohibited from use in the design.
- We reserve the right to pick one entry, more than one entry, or no entries as the winner.
- The winner will receive a free entry to Word Cup 8, July 7-11 in Burbank, Calif.
- WGPO reserves the right to terminate this contest at any time, effective on the date of issuing the termination notice, and we are under no obligation to give notice prior to the date of termination.
- You agree that if you submit an entry, you will sign an assignment and release form prepared by us acknowledging your acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules, including that the winning design is the property of WGPO.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws.
Acknowledgement and Assignment
I am submitting a contest entry with this form, and I hereby assign any and all rights in the intellectual property of this entry to WGPO. I agree that the entry I submit becomes your property and that the entry will not be returned to me.
I state that this entry is my own original creation and that I did not copy anyone else’s work in creating this contest entry. I agree that if I have copied anyone else’s work in preparing this entry, and if I win this contest, I will pay back the award to you and will defend, indemnify and hold harmless WGPO and their respective officers, directors, employees, suppliers, licensors, contractors and agents against and from any loss, debt, liability, damage, obligation, claim, demand, judgment or settlement of any nature or kind, known or unknown, liquidated or unliquidated, including without limitation, all reasonable costs and expenses incurred including all reasonable litigation costs and attorneys’ fees arising out of or relating to claims, complaint, action, proceeding or suit of a third party, that arise or relate in whole or part to the contestant’s entry.
I agree that if I win the contest, I authorize the use by you, without additional compensation, of my name and likeness or photograph for promotional purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation the Internet, written or email communications, brochures, videos, slides, radio, television, film) that you deem appropriate.
Only ONE entry per person
I agree that if I win this contest, the free Word Cup 8 entry is fair and adequate compensation for my contest entry