Updated WGPO Sanctioned Tournament Requirements
Effective: January 2, 2022 – until amended
These requirements amend and supersede Updated Tournament Rules issued by the Board of Player Representatives (BPR), effective September 1 – December 31, 2021. Rules apply to sanctioned in person tournament play only. Standards for resuming local WGPO Club play shall be determined by individual clubs and directors.
Variants of the COVID virus, Delta and Omicron, have evolved. Because viruses constantly change through mutation, new variants are also expected to occur. WGPO requirements are based on Center for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People, updated November 19, 2021, and advice from Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the latter summarized here: Canadian Recommendations.
1. Directors shall conduct Tournaments that comply with federal, state and local health directives including Canadian, provincial and territorial directives.
2. All tournament participants must be both fully-vaccinated for COVID-19 and have also received COVID-19 booster(s) as recommended by the CDC and/or National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI – Canada). A booster is not required if the participant is not yet eligible to receive a booster. Either a printed or electronic copy of COVID 19 vaccine plus booster must be presented to tournament director at time of registration.
3. Participants are required to wear masks at all indoor tournaments during tournament time. The only exception is for tournaments held in private residences.
4. Tournaments shall be held in venues away from public or congested areas, e.g., in a separate hall or room in a restaurant, community center, hotel, private home, etc.
5. On the day of the tournament, each participant shall attest by signature to the following:
· I do not currently have COVID-19 symptoms.
· I am assuming all risks of attending the tournament.
· I have fully cleaned and sanitized all equipment to be used in play.
· I will practice safe hygiene and follow COVID-19 safety precautions.
6. Directors shall provide hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes to participants.