The Board of Player Representatives is excited to announce it has established the following minimum standards for directors to resume holding sanctioned tournaments beginning this summer.
WGPO Summer Tournament Rules
June 1-August 31, 2021
The Board of Player Representatives has established the following minimum standards for directors to resume holding sanctioned tournaments. Rules will be in effect June 15, 2021 – August 31, 2021, or until amended. Rules apply to sanctioned tournament play only. Standards for resuming local WGPO Club play shall be determined by individual clubs and directors.
1. Tournaments must not violate local health directives.
2. Tournaments will have a maximum of 16 entrants.
3. Tournaments must be held at a location that is away from the general public (e.g., in a private room in a restaurant, community center, hotel, private home, etc.)
4. At registration, participants must provide the director with evidence that they have been fully vaccinated more than two weeks past their final COVID-19 shot. Copies of images of the card are acceptable.
5. On the day of the tournament, each participant shall attest by signature to the following:
- I do not currently have COVID-19 symptoms.
- I am assuming all risks of attending the tournament.
- I have fully cleaned and sanitized all equipment offered for use in play.
- I will practice safe hygiene and follow COVID-19 safety precautions.
6. Directors at a minimum should provide hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes to participants.
Requests for changes to the rules established for resuming sanctioned WGPO tournament play from June 6, 2021 until August 31, 2021, must be approved by the BPR Board prior to tournament play.
The BPR may approve changes to dates and rules as CDC guidelines change and/or are deemed appropriate. A future BPR meeting to revisit changes and make amendments will occur when necessary.