Call to Order: Steve Pellinen called the ZOOM meeting to order at 12:05 p.m., CST.
Attending: Steve Pellinen, President; Keith Hagel, Vice-President; Helen Flores, Secretary; Nancee Mancel and Susi Tiekert, Board of Directors. Also Attending: Lynda Finn, Elections Committee and Mike Johnson, Membership Roster.
I. Director Candidates: Elections Committee announced the list of candidates for three two-year Board positions. Directors accepted candidate list and confirmed the 11/27/2021 cutoff date for candidates to become WGPO members. They noted one pending membership caused through miscommunication – to be resolved by end of 11/28/2021. Candidates are:
II. Candidate Announcements and Voting:
- Lynda Finn will post candidate announcement and candidate statements on WGPO Facebook page and send to Ruth for posting on WGPO Website.
- The Dec 1 mailing to membership will include the candidate ballot. On the ballot candidate names will be in randomized order.
- Minor Bylaw changes will specify election of Board members according to rank in voting, i.e., candidates receiving the top three number of votes will be elected. Note: This corrects bylaws approved November 2021 that required candidates to receive at least 50% of votes cast.
- Mike Johnson reported that the membership roster update is completed. Members are grouped by past activity. ACTIVE members include (1) played in a WGPO tournament 2016 – current; (2) joined since 2019; (3) over 100 players previously listed as Inactive who requested move to Active status.
Active members current total = 866.
Other member categories include: Suspended (3); Deceased; Removed (fake email or by request); and inactive. Mike noted that some with incorrect email addresses may still be added. He will try to correct the roster by December 1.
Keith Hagel asked that in the future the new Board figure out how to include those persons who do not have email addresses but wish to be included.
- Lynda and Mike explained technical difficulties dealing with mass emails to the newly updated membership list. Entries in the WGPO roster need labor-intensive manual updating, and currently there is no convenient way to email all members on the new email roster. Lynda noted that in the long run WGPO will need ongoing volunteer support in this area. Discussion of interim solutions, including paid services to do mass mailings, followed.
III. Dec 11 Annual Meeting and election of three Board members.